Model “LH” Rotary Airlock Feeder Valve
The Model “LH” Rotary Airlock Feeder Valve is a lower profile design for use for application requiring less headroom
The Young Industries, Inc. Model “LH” (Low Headroom) Rotary Airlock Feeder Valve is a Drop-Thru Valve with a lower profile for applications requiring less headroom. The Model “LH” Rotary Airlock Feeder Valve is recommended when the valve is sized based matching a flange size and throughput capacity is not a concern. In addition to the low profile, the Model “LH” Rotary Valve low air or gas leakage.
As a result, the Young Industries, Model “LH” rotary valves have been proven to provide superior performance and reliability in a wide range of bulk materials handling applications, and offer a low cost of ownership.
The Model “LH” Rotary Valve design uses a small diameter rotor and angled inlet and outlet nozzles. This ensures two-blade sealing is maintained at all time providing minimum air or gas leakage. Typical application would be for a customer who has a specific flange size to match or low headroom requirements.
Model “LH” Rotary Valve
Model “LH” Rotary Feeder Valve Application Information
The Model “LH” valve’s low headroom profile for application that have limited space or requires a specified inlet and outlet flange size
The Model “LH” Rotary Valve is used to prevent air or gas loss between two different pressure zones while allowing dry solids material to pass from one pressure zone to the other. The Model “LH” rotary valve is designed as airlocks and airlock feeders for handling 15 PSIG housing and differential pressure or vacuum.
The Model “LH” Rotary Valve with its shorter profile, requiring less head room, is use for application where volume throughput is not a major concern. The valve can be provide with flange sizes ranging from 4 ” size to 24″ flange size either round or square. The MODEL “LH” rotary valve can be furnished in double length configuration.
The Model “LH” Rotary Valves are available with eight different rotor designs and wide variety of features and materials of construction to handle a wide range of process requirements.
The Young Industries Model “LH” Rotary Valve standard features increase the valve’s life cycle and lowers the cost of ownership.
The Standard features are:
- 15 PSIG Housing and differential pressure or vacuum
- Minimum four blade sealing with two (2) blade sealing on each side.
- Fabricated or cast designs
- Materials of construction: Cast or fabricated carbon steel, cast or fabricated stainless steel and cast or fabricated Aluminum
- Raw materials are traceable to standard specifications with ASTM the most used specification
- Round or square inlet flange
- Round or square discharge flange
- Up to 250°F operation temperature, with designs offered to withstand up to 1600°F temperature
- Outboard-mounted precision ball bearings
- Packing gland rotor shaft seal consisting square braided Kevlar impregnated with PTFE packing, 4 rings per side and held in place by an aluminum packing follower.
- Eight (8) bladed rotor with twelve (12) bladed rotor for rotary valves over 12″ size to provide low operating air or gas leakage.
- Rotor assembled near-perfect concentrically to the housing
- Heavy rotor shafts secured to eliminate shifting in the housing
- Two (2) basic styles of rotors available with each style having four (4) different types of rotors. The types are “A”- Standard, “B & C”- partially filled and “D” – adjustable tips
- Grounding and bonding connection to NFPA specifications
- Right-angle Gearmotor, side mounted, 3 phase, 60 Hertz, 230-460 volts, TEFC and roller chain drive and safety to OSHA requirements.
- Painted blue enamel or Steelcote stainless steel paint
- Completely assembled and tested.
- Model “LH” Rotary Feeder Valve Optional Features
The Young Industries Model “LH” Rotary Airlock Feeder Valve Optional features and accessories for meeting your exact plant requirements and enhance your process performance.
The optional features and accessories are:
- High pressure design to 350 PSIG
- High temperature design to 1600°F
- Special 1″ to 3″ and 28″ to 36″ Sizes and double length styles
- Drive and accessories are usually supplied consisting of a right angle gear motor, sprockets, drive chain and safety guard. TEFC or Explosion proof motors, direct connected and other special drive available
- Special materials of construction including: 316 Stainless steel, Hastelloy, Titanium, engineered plastics
- Interior coating to provide abrasive resistance to material release including: chrome plating, nickel plating, tungsten carbide, Stellite, Teflon
- Interior polishes and cleanup
- Special packing materials as graphite, food grade TPFE,
- Air purge packing glands
- Lip seal packing
- Self adjusting packing follower
- Mechanical rotor shaft seals
- Shaft seal area polishes
- Inlet material deflector
- Venting Thimble
- Housing vent
- End plate purges
- Rotor tips and edges beveled
- Rigid or flexible tips of brass or polyurethane
- Painted or coated per customers specification
- Model “LH” Rotary Feeder Valve Dimensional Information
Model “LH” Rotary Feeder Valve Dimensional Information
Open PDF Drawing of the Model “LH” Rotary Valve with an open end rotor .
Open PDF Drawing of the the Size 4″ & 5″ , Model “LH” Rotary Valve with an open end rotor .
Open PDF Drawing of the Model “LH” Rotary Valve with a closed end or shrouded rotor .
Open PDF Drawing of the the Size 4″ & 5″ , Model “LH” Rotary Valve with a closed end or shrouded rotor . .