Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve
The Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valves handles a broad range of products while maintaining a tight seal between legs in a pressure or vacuum pneumatic conveying system.
The Young Industries, Inc. Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve, are used in a wide variety of pneumatic conveyor applications. The valve can be used in either a positive or negative pneumatic conveyors
The Model “B” Diverter Valves are designed with one diversion leg offset 30° from the straight through leg. The Model “B” Valve provide the lowest leakage is the industry. A leakage of 1 SCFM or less air or gas leakage per valve size is guaranteed by Young Industries. For example, the maximum leakage for a 6″ diameter valve is less than 6 SCFM.
Lowest leakage in the industry.
All the sealing surfaces in the swing gate diverter are precision machined. The swing gate os of heavy duty cast construction and has Teflon sealing strips located on each side. “O” rings are used for sealing at the gate shaft seal. White neoprene sealing strips are located in the valve housing providing a tight seal around the swing gate.
The diverter valve’s gate shaft is supported by ball bearings, assuring proper alignment of the gate to the housing. The diverter valve’s actuator is direct coupled to the gate shaft. This arrangement distributes torque directly to the gate shaft, eliminating stress to the valve components.
Maintenance and cleaning can be done without removing the valve from the convey line.
Access to Young Industries Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve is through the removable side plates. This can be done without removing the valve from the system piping. This keeps production loss and downtime for cleaning and maintenance cost to a minimum.
Model “B” Diverter Valve Additional Information
Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve Application Information
The Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valves are designed for use in both positive pressure and vacuum pressure pneumatic conveyors.
- The Model “B” Diverter Valve are used in pneumatic conveyor that handle a wide range of bulk materials. The valve is designed to operate at internal and external pressures up to 15 PSIG.
- The Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve can be mounted in any position without loss of efficiency. These two-way diverter valves are used for routing bulk material flow from one line to either of two lines or from two lines to one line, or connected in series to for diverting to multiple lines.
- The Model “B” Diverter Valves are designed with one diversion leg offset 30° from the straight through leg. The standard size range is 2″ through 18″ with larger sizes available upon request. The Model “B” Diverter valves are furnished standard in pipe sizes with plain ends for compression couplings. Tubing sizes, round and square flanges are available.
- The Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valves are available with a variety of features to handle a wide range of process requirements.
As a result, the Young Industries, Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve are proven to provide superior performance and reliability in a wide range of bulk materials handling applications, and offer low cost of ownership.
Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve Standard Features
The Young Industries Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve standard features increase the valve’s life cycle and lowers the cost of ownership.
The standard features are:
- For use in positive or negative pneumatic conveyors
- Size ranges from 2″ through 18″ diameter.
- Plain ends for compression coupling
- Can be disassembled without removing from the convey line.
- 15 PSIG Housing and differential pressure or vacuum
- Fabricated or cast designs
- Materials of construction: Cast or fabricated carbon steel, cast or fabricated stainless steel and cast or fabricated Aluminum
- Raw materials are traceable to standard specifications with ASTM the most used specification
- Round or square inlet flange
- Round or square discharge flange
- Up to 250°F operation temperature, with designs offered to withstand higher temperatures
- Outboard-mounted precision ball bearings
- Neoprene “O” Seals at gate shaft. Teflon sealing strips on both sides of swing gate. White neoprene sealing strips at the hub and tips areas of the gate.
- Grounding and bonding connection to NFPA specifications
- Painted blue enamel or Steelcote stainless steel paint
- Completely assembled and tested.
Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve Optional Features
The Young Industries Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve has many optional features and accessories for meeting your exact plant requirements and for enhancing your process performance
Optional features and accessories are:
- Choice of plain ends in tubing or pipe.
- Flange ends, round or square.
- High pressure design to 350 PSIG
- High temperature design to 1500°F
- Special sizes available
- Special materials of construction including: 316 Stainless steel, Hastelloy, Titanium, engineered plastics
- Interior coating to provide abrasive resistance to material release including: chrome plating, nickel plating, tungsten carbide, Stellite, Teflon
- Interior polishes and cleanup
- Special sealing materials as graphite, food grade TPFE,
- Rotary pneumatic operator, with NEMA 4 single solenoid valves, single-pole double-throw and two (2) limit switches – one indicating for each leg.
- Electric operator, with two (2) limit switches – one switch for each leg.
- Manual operator
- Painted or coated per customers specification
Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve Dimensional Information
Click here to download a PDF copy of an assembly drawing with standard dimension for the Model “B” Swing Gate Valve with rotary pneumatic actuator.
Click here to download a PDF copy of an assembly drawing with standard dimension for the Model “B” Swing Gate Valve with electric actuator.
Click here to download a PDF copy of an assembly drawing with standard dimension for the Model “B” Swing Gate Valve with manual actuator