Young Industries Trans-Flow® Aeration Products for solving the problem of reliably handling and discharging difficult flowing materials
Fine bulk powders very often cause discharge problems. In storage bins and silos these materials bridge, rat-hole and funnel flow. Some fine materials are very cohesive which causes additional problems in bins and silos as well as in downspouts and transitions. Using vibration to try to make fine powders flow normally makes the problem worse by further compacting the material.
A totally new concept for aeration of powder bulk solids
A totally new concept in the design of aerator devices has been developed by The Young Industries, Inc. that solves the problem of reliably handling and discharging difficult flowing bulk materials. This new class of aeration device represents an important leap forward in the method of moving hard to handle bulk materials.
The design of these devices is a culmination of years of research that resulted in Trans-Flow® fluidizing media and unique internal geometry. New production methods were also developed to transform design theory into tangible products. The end result is a new generation of aeration products that promotes reliable material flow with a life expectancy up to ten times longer than that of conventional aeration devices.
Used in storage silo, bins, hoppers and for aeration pads, transitions, downspouts, conveyors, and feeders.
Trans-Flow® aeration media is constructed of porous 316 stainless steel with an ultra smooth finished contacting surface. This produces an evenly distributed layer of air that separates the bulk material from the media. This bed of air makes it easy for the material to slide to discharge outlet. Trans-Flow® media is manufactured with a precise control of permeability and strength. The media is then incorporated into bin, hopper and silo cones. It can also be used for aeration pads, transitions, downspouts, conveyors, and feeders.
Eliminates silo discharge bridging and rat holes, where it has been impossible to handle powders by any other method
Trans-Flow® devices are used in areas where it has been impossible to handle powders by any other methods. They perform where other methods have failed. Trans-Flow® has been used in the chemical, paint and coating, plastic, food, bakery and pharmaceutical industries.
You will be able to increase your process production
With Trans-Flow® products, you will be able to increase your process production because
1. You will get reliable and effective material flow. Trans-Flow® is useful for difficult application like pigments and sticky materials
2. You will get higher flow rates from your existing hoppers and silos
3. You will reduce your maintenance cost with the long lasting, durable corrosion and oxidation resistant media. Trans-Flow® media is also temperature and abrasion resistant.
4. You will reduce your maintenance cost because Trans-Flow® has no moving parts
5. You will reduce your downtime because Trans-Flow® is easily cleaned.
6. You will reduce your operation cost because Trans-Flow® uses less compressed air or gas than other aeration devices.
Give long lasting service
Specifications for long lasting service
1. Material: AISI type 316 S/S fluidizing media
2. Operating temperature: Up to 1000 deg. F.
3. Corrosion and oxidation resistance: Excellent
4. Strength: Up to ten times stronger than other fluidizing media. Substantially better that cotton and fiberglass fiber composites or powder metal or plastic covered products