The Rotary Plug Diverter Valves are designed to prevent cross contamination of the bulk material by the seal materials as well as provide low leakage between the legs.
The Young Industries, Inc. Rotary Plug Diverter Valves, are used in a wide variety of pneumatic conveyor applications. The valve can be used in either a positive or negative pneumatic conveyors and gravity flow applications.
The Rotary Plug Diverter Valves are designed with each diversion leg offset 30° from the straight through leg. The Young Industries Rotary Plug Valve provide the lowest leakage is the industry.
Lowest leakage in the industry
All the sealing surfaces in the Rotary Plug Diverter Valve are precision machined. The Rotary Plug Diverter Valve is designed with one diversion leg offset 30° from the straight through leg. This is accomplished by changing the position of the internal rotor from one line to the other by a rotary actuator. The combination of the closed rotor design, O-ring seals and close tolerance construction, provides a diverter valve that is virtually leak proof to the atmosphere and diversion legs.
The Rotary Plug heavy duty cast construction along with the precision machined to close tolerance assuring the tightest possible seal between the rotor and O-ring seals. To further maintain the cleanliness of the product lines, a barrier seal is placed in the housing wall between the legs. The rotor shafts are also sealed with o-rings.
The closed design of the rotor creates a tunnel straight through the valve eliminating product hang-up. The rotor shaft is supported by ball bearings located in the end plates, providing smooth, clean operation during rotation.
The diverter valve’s actuator is direct coupled to the gate shaft. This arrangement distributes torque directly to the gate shaft, eliminating stress to the valve components.
Maintenance and cleaning can be done without removing the valve from the convey line
Access to Young Industries Rotary Plug Diverter Valve is through the removable end plates. This can be done without removing the valve from the system piping. This keeps production loss and downtime for cleaning and maintenance cost to a minimum.
As a result, the Young Industries, Rotary Plug Diverter Valves provide superior performance and reliability when handling a wide range of bulk materials handling applications, thus offer a low cost of ownership.
Rotary Plug Diverter Valve Additional Information
Rotary Plug Diverter Valve Application Information
- The Rotary Plug Diverter Valves are designed to prevent contamination of the bulk material by sealing materials and prevent the abrading away of the seal material.
- The Rotary Plug Diverter Valve are used in pneumatic conveyor that handle a wide range of bulk materials. The valve is designed to operate at internal and external pressures up to 15 PSIG.
- The Rotary Plug Diverter Valve can be mounted in any position without loss of efficiency. These two-way valves can be used singly for routing bulk material flow from one line to either of two lines, from two lines to one line, or connected in series to multiple lines.
- The Rotary Plug Diverter Valves are designed with one diversion leg offset 30° from the straight through leg. The standard size range is 2″ through 18″ with larger sizes available upon request.
- The Rotary Plug Diverter valves are furnished standard in pipe sizes with flange ends having 150# drilling. Plain end pipe and tubing sizes for compression couplings are available.
The Young Industries Model “B” Swing Gate Diverter Valve standard features increase the valve’s life cycle and lowers the cost of ownership:
The standard features are:
- For use in positive or negative pneumatic conveyors
- Size ranges from 2″ through 18″ diameter.
- Flange ends with 150 lbs drilling
- Can be disassembled without removing from the convey line.
- 15 PSIG Housing and differential pressure or vacuum
- Cast designs
- Materials of construction: Cast or fabricated carbon steel, cast or fabricated stainless steel and cast or fabricated Aluminum
- Raw materials are traceable to standard specifications with ASTM the most used specification
- Up to 250°F operation temperature, with designs offered to withstand higher temperatures
- Outboard-mounted precision ball bearings
- Neoprene “O” Seals at gate shaft. Teflon sealing ring on end plates.
- Grounding and bonding connection to NFPA specifications
- Painted blue enamel or Steelcote stainless steel paint
- Completely assembled and tested.
The Young Industries Rotary Plug Diverter Valve has many optional features and accessories for meeting your exact plant requirements and for enhancing your process performance
Optional features and accessories are:
- Choice of plain ends in tubing or pipe.
- High pressure design to 350 PSIG
- High temperature design to 1500°F
- Special sizes available
- Special materials of construction including: 316 Stainless steel, Hastelloy, Titanium, engineered plastics
- Interior coating to provide abrasive resistance to material release including: chrome plating, nickel plating, tungsten carbide, Stellite, Teflon
- Interior polishes and cleanup
- Special sealing materials as graphite, food grade TPFE
- Rotary pneumatic operator, with NEMA 4 single solenoid valves, single-pole double-throw and two (2) limit switches – one indicating for each leg.
- Electric operator, with two (2) limit switches – one switch for each leg.
- Manual operator
- Painted or coated per customers specification
Rotary Plug Diverter Valve Dimensional Information
Click here to download a PDF copy of an assembly drawing with standard dimension for the Rotary Plug Diverter Valve with rotary pneumatic actuator.