Model “C” Swing Gate Diverter Valve
The Model “C” Swing Gate Diverter Valves handles a broad range of products while maintaining a tight seal between legs in a pressure or vacuum pneumatic conveying system.
The Young Industries, Inc. Model “C” Swing Gate Diverter Valve are used in a wide variety of pneumatic conveyor applications. The valve can be used in either a positive or negative pneumatic conveyors
The Model “C” Diverter Valves are designed with each diversion leg offset 30° from the inlet leg. The Model “C” valve provides the lowest leakage is the industry. A leakage of 1 SCFM or less air or gas leakage per valve size is guaranteed by Young Industries. For example, the maximum leakage for a 6″ diameter valve is less than 6 SCFM. Lowest leakage in the industry.
All the sealing surfaces in the swing gate diverter are precision machined. The swing gate os of heavy duty cast construction and has Teflon sealing strips located on each side. “O” rings are used for sealing at the gate shaft seal. White neoprene sealing strips are located in the valve housing to provide a tight seal around the gate.
The diverter valve’s gate shaft is supported by ball bearings, assuring proper alignment of the gate to the housing. The diverter valve’s actuator is direct coupled to the gate shaft. This arrangement distributes torque directly to the gate shaft, eliminating stress to the valve components.
Maintenance and cleaning can be done without removing the valve from the convey line. Access to Young Industries Model “C” Swing Gate Diverter Valve is through the removable side plates. This can be done without removing the valve from the system piping. This keeps production loss and downtime for cleaning and maintenance cost to a minimum.
As a result, the Young Industries, Model “C” Swing Gate Diverter Valve have been proven to provide superior performance and reliability in a wide range of bulk materials handling applications, and offer low cost of ownership.
Model “C” Diverter Valve Additional Information
Model “C” Swing Gate Diverter Valve Application Information
- The Model “C” Swing Gate Diverter Valves are designed for use in both positive pressure and vacuum pressure pneumatic conveyors.
- The Model “C” Diverter Valve are used in pneumatic conveyor that handle a wide range of bulk materials.
- The valve is designed to operate at internal and external pressures up to 15 PSIG.
- The Model “C” Swing Gate Diverter Valve can be mounted in any position without loss of efficiency.
- The Model “C” Diverter Valves are designed with each diversion leg offset 30° from the inlet leg.
- The standard size range is 2″ through 18″ with larger sizes available upon request.
- The Model “C” Diverter valves are furnished standard in pipe sizes with plain ends for compression couplings. Tubing sizes, round and square flanges are available.
Model “C” Swing Gate Diverter Valve Standard Features
The Young Industries Model “HC” Rotary Valve standard features increase the valve’s life cycle and lowers the cost of ownership.
The standard features are:
- 15 PSIG Housing and differential pressure or vacuum
- Minimum four blade sealing with two (2) blade sealing on each side.
- Fabricated or cast designs
- Materials of construction: Cast or fabricated carbon steel, cast or fabricated stainless steel and cast or fabricated Aluminum
- Raw materials are traceable to standard specifications with ASTM the most used specification
- Round or square inlet flange
- Round or square discharge flange
- Up to 250°F operation temperature, with designs offered to withstand up to 1600°F temperature
- Outboard-mounted precision ball bearings
- Packing gland rotor shaft seal consisting square braided Kevlar impregnated with PTFE packing, 4 rings per side and held in place by an aluminum packing follower.
- Eight (8) bladed rotor with twelve (12) bladed rotor for rotary valves over 12″ size to provide low operating air or gas leakage.
- Rotor assembled near-perfect concentrically to the housing
- Heavy rotor shafts secured to eliminate shifting in the housing
- Two (2) basic styles of rotors available with each style having four (4) different types of rotors. The types are “A”- Standard, “B & C”- partially filled and “D” – adjustable tips
- Grounding and bonding connection to NFPA specifications
- Right-angle gearmotor, side mounted, 3 phase, 60 Hertz, 230-460 volts, TEFC and roller chain drive and safety to OSHA requirements.
- Painted blue enamel or Steelcote stainless steel paint
- Completely assembled and tested.
Model “C” Swing Gate Diverter Valve Optional Features
The Young Industries Model “HC” Rotary Valve Optional features and accessories for meeting your exact plant requirements and enhance your process performance
Optional features and accessories are:
- High pressure design to 350 PSIG
- High temperature design to 1600°F
- Special 1″ to 3″ and 28″ to 36″ Sizes and double length styles
- Drive and accessories are usually supplied consisting of a right angle gear motor, sprockets, drive chain and safety guard. TEFC or Explosion proof motors, direct connected and other special drive available
- Special materials of construction including: 316 Stainless steel, Hastelloy, Titanium, engineered plastics
- Interior coating to provide abrasive resistance to material release including: chrome plating, nickel plating, tungsten carbide, Stellite, Teflon
- Interior polishes and cleanup
- Special packing materials as graphite, food grade TPFE,
- Air purge packing glands
- Lip seal packing
- Self adjusting packing follower
- Mechanical rotor shaft seals
- Shaft seal area polishes
- Inlet material deflector
- Venting Thimble
- Housing vent
- End plate purges
- Rotor tips and edges beveled
- Rigid or flexible tips of brass or polyurethane
- Painted or coated per customers specification
Model “C” Swing Gate Diverter Valve Dimensional Information
Click here to download a PDF copy of an assembly drawing with standard dimension for the Model “C” Swing Gate Valve with rotary pneumatic actuator.
Click here to download a PDF copy of an assembly drawing with standard dimension for the Model “C” Swing Gate Valve with electric actuator.
Click here to download a PDF copy of an assembly drawing with standard dimension for the Model “C” Swing Gate Valve with manual actuator