Model “SE” Rotary Feeder Valve
The Model “SE” (Side Entry) rotary valve is designed to feed pellets, cubes, chips, flakes, prills and other granular bulk materials from a silo or hopper without clipping the material or jamming the valve rotor.
The Young Industries, Inc. Model “SE” (side entry) Rotary Valve is an Airlock Feeder Valve with an offset inlet. With this arrangement, the rotor pockets fill approximately 40% which prevents the pellets or chips from clipping or jamming the valve. The Model “SE” valve is recommended when material needs to be metered from a silo or hopper having a head of material above the outlet. The Model “SE” Rotary Valve air or gas leakage is the lowest in the industry.
As a result, the Young Industries, Model “SE” rotary valves have been proven to provide superior performance and reliability in handling a wide range of pellet and granular bulk materials, and low cost of ownership.
Model “SE” Rotary Valve
Model “SE” Side Entry Rotary Feeder Valve Application Information
The Model “SE” (Side Entry) rotary valve is a non-clipping and non-jamming design. It is the best solution for feeding pellets and granular bulk materials from a silo or hopper.
The Young Industries, Inc. Model “SE” (side entry) Rotary Valve was designed by Young Industries, Inc to overcome serious jamming problems common to conventional rotary feeder valves when used to handle cubes, pellets, chips, flakes, prills and other granular bulk materials. While these products are free-flowing, they have a tendency to become pinched between the rotor and housing at the inlet. The resultant shearing action creates “fines” by clipping the material. These material can also jam the rotor resulting in damaging the rotor, drive and motor, resulting in interrupting the process and greatly increasing maintenance costs.
The Model “SE” valve is an airlock feeder valve with an offset inlet and outlet. With this arrangement, the material enters from the side. In addition, the offset design still maintains two-blade sealing on each side at all time for the lowest air or gas leakage. The valve rotor runs at a fixed speed, and the rotor pockets fill approximately 40% which prevents the pellets or chips from clipping or jamming the valve. To vary the throughput of a Model “SE” valve, the inlet is furnished with an adjustable slide orifice plate.
As a result, the Young Industries’, Model “SE” rotary valves have been proven to provide superior performance and reliability in handling a wide range of pellet and granular bulk materials handling applications, and offer low cost of ownership.
Model “SE” Rotary Feeder Valve Standard Features
The Young Industries Model “SE” Rotary Valve standard features increase the valve’s life cycle and lowers the cost of ownership.
The standard features are:
- 15 PSIG Housing and differential pressure or vacuum
- Minimum four blade sealing with two (2) blade sealing on each side.
- Fabricated or cast designs
- Materials of construction: Cast or fabricated carbon steel, cast or fabricated stainless steel and cast or fabricated Aluminum
- Raw materials are traceable to standard specifications with ASTM the most used specification
- Round or square inlet flange
- Round or square discharge flange
- Externally adjustable slide and motorized slide
- Up to 250°F operation temperature, with designs offered to withstand up to 1600°F temperature
- Outboard-mounted precision ball bearings
- Packing gland rotor shaft seal consisting square braided Kevlar impregnated with PTFE packing, 4 rings per side and held in place by an aluminum packing follower.
- Eight (8) bladed rotor with twelve (12) bladed rotor for rotary valves over 12″ size to provide low operating air or gas leakage.
- Rotor assembled near-perfect concentrically to the housing
- Heavy rotor shafts secured to eliminate shifting in the housing
- Two (2) basic styles of rotors available with each style having two (2) different types of rotors. The types are “A”- Standard and “D” – adjustable tips. Filled pocket rotor not available.
- Grounding and bonding connection to NFPA specifications
- Right-angle Gearmotor, side mounted, 3 phase, 60 Hertz, 230-460 volts, TEFC and roller chain drive and safety to OSHA requirements.
- Painted blue enamel or Steelcote stainless steel paint
- Completely assembled and tested.
Model “SE” Rotary Feeder Valve Optional Features
The Young Industries Model “SE” Rotary Valve Optional features and accessories for meeting your exact plant requirements and enhance your process performance.
The optional features and accessories are:
- High pressure design to 350 PSIG
- High temperature design to 1600°F
- Special sizes available and can be made in double length styles
- Drive and accessories are usually supplied consisting of a right angle gear motor, sprockets, drive chain and safety guard. TEFC or Explosion proof motors, direct connected and other special drive available
- Special materials of construction including: 316 Stainless steel, Hastelloy, Titanium, engineered plastics
- Interior coating to provide abrasive resistance to material release including: chrome plating, nickel plating, tungsten carbide, Stellite, Teflon
- Interior polishes and cleanup
- Special packing materials as graphite, food grade TPFE,
- Air purge packing glands
- Lip seal packing
- Self adjusting packing follower
- Mechanical rotor shaft seals
- Shaft seal area polishes
- Inlet material deflector
- Venting Thimble
- Housing vent
- End plate purges
- Rotor tips and edges beveled
- Rigid or flexible tips of brass or polyurethane
- Painted or coated per customers specification
Model “SE” Rotary Feeder Valve Dimensional Information
Open PDF Drawing of the Model “SE” Rotary Valve with a open end rotor .
Open PDF Drawing of the Model “SE” Rotary Valve with a closed end or shrouded rotor .