Young Industries Model ST-2 STINGER® Gravimetric & Volumetric Feeder
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Application:
Fastest batch weighing of fine difficult to handle materials without the use of any moving parts.
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Design Features:
- Modular design provides easy, economical configurations that best suits your needs.
- No motors or moving parts are needed to condition or convey material.
- Highest turn down rate (500:1) for reducing your process time.
- Batch Accuracy up to +/- .1 Lbs.
- Standard inlet to discharge lengths from 1′ to 20′. Longer lengths are also available as options.
- Wide range of standard hopper sizes
- Feed rates up to 50,000 lbs./hr. provide fast accurate batches
- Feeder Tube features Young Industries STINGER® Technology
- STINGER® Feed Hopper features a built in Young Industries SilentFlow® Discharger that conditions material without any moving parts or vibration
- Available in NEMA 4 or Explosion Proof designs
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Unique Design Qualities:
- No Auger means no moving parts to wear out or replace
- Low energy costs
- No safety hazards common to screw augers
- No vibration to disrupt scale
- No bearings or motors to maintenance or replace
- Minimal maintenance
- Dependable service
A Few of the Common Materials Handled:
Adipic Acid – Carbon Black – Fly Ash – Metal Powders – Powdered Sugar – Aluminum Oxide – Ceramic Powders – Fumed Silica – Sodium Bicarbonate – Pigments – Antomite – Corn Flour – Iron Oxide – Powdered Minerals – Spices – Borax – Clays – Lime – Polymers – Titanium Dioxide (all grades)- Calcium Carbonate – Dextrose – Magnetite – Powdered Ceramics – Zinc Oxide
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Feed Rates:
Note: Feed rates will vary based on feeder configuration and material properties.
Approximate capacities listed below
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Feed Hopper:
STINGER® Feed Hopper with built in SilentFlow® Discharger conditions material and discharges it into the feeder tube without the use of any moving parts or vibration.
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Features:
- Standard hopper capacities range from 1 to 500 cu. ft. (27 to 14,160 liters)
- Standard diameters range from 18″ to 96″ Diameter (45.7 cm to 244 cm)
- Removable covers available in carbon steel or stainless steel
- Optional manway access hatch available for sizes 48” – 96”
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Support Frame:
- Standard support frame with three rigid support legs providing sure footed design and maximum scale accuracy.
- Hanging mount frames are available as a special option
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Scale:
- Three modules centered under load scale for stable accurate weighing
- Available in carbon steel or stainless steel
- Standard scale capacities range from 300 to 60,000 lbs. (136 kg. to 27,000 kg.)
Note: Actual scale capacity needed is based on material bulk density and feeder configuration
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Technical Data:
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Materials of Construction:
Per customer order requirements, available options include:
- Option 1: Painted Carbon Steel Exterior with bare metal interior
- Option 2: 304 WPC Stainless Steel
- Option 3: 316 WPC Stainless Steel
Note: All interior TransFlow® lined surfaces constructed of 316 Stainless Steel
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Standard. Hopper Cover:
- Removable cover for sizes 18″ to 36″ diameter.of High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Welded cover with hatch for 48” to 96” diameter sizes.
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Support Frame:
- Option 1: Painted Carbon Steel
- Option 2: 304 Stainless Steel
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Feeder Tube:
- Standard – 304 Stainless Steel Housing with 316 Stainless Steel TransFlow® Fluidizing Media
- Option 1: Carbon Steel with 316 Stainless Steel TransFlow® Fluidizing Media
- Option 2 – 316 Stainless Steel Housing with 316 Stainless Steel TransFlow® Fluidizing Media
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Assembly Hardware:
- 8-18 Stainless Steel
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Interior Pressure:
- Operates at ambient pressure
- Standard Design Pressure – 10″ W.C.
- Custom Design Pressure up to 150 PSIG
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Temperature Range:
Scales are temperature compensated from
14º F to 104º F (10º C to 40º C)
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Compressed Air/Gas Usage
Pressure: 10 to 30 psig
Usage dependent on feeder hopper, tube size and materials handled
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Controls:
The Young Industries Model ST-2 Feeder is suitable for use loss-in-weight or gain-in-weight batch applications. The controls package determines the actual feeder package operation. Our family of Young Industries TOUCHSTONE™ controllers are designed to work seamlessly with each of our STINGER® Feeders. Customers may choose a suitable batch, continuous, control to meet your feeder and specific application needs.
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Standard TOUCHSTONE™ features include:
- Ships pre-configured for quick setup
- NEMA 4 enclosure with optional upgrade to explosion proof enclosure
- Features Quick Disconnect Electrical Fittings for quick and easy maintenance
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Electrical Area Classifications:
- Standard NEMA 4
- Optional NEMA 4X
- Optional NEMA 7/9
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Power Requirements:
TOUCHSTONE™ controls: Universal input voltage accepts
110 – 220Volts, 50/60hz single phase electrical
supply. Instrument power: Standard 24V DC
Model ST-2 STINGER® Feeder Drive: (Not Required)
Because the “ST-2” STINGER® Feeder uses STINGER® Technology and is capable of making fast, accurate, consistent weighments without any moving parts, there is no need for a drive system or a motor. This smart, economical design not only saves money through reduction in spare parts but also results in savings via reduced utility and maintenance costs.