The Young Industries, Inc. Model “LH” (Low Headroom) Rotary Airlock Feeder Valve is a Drop-Thru Valve with a lower profile for applications requiring less headroom. The Model “LH” Rotary Airlock Feeder Valve is recommended when the valve is sized based matching a flange size and throughput capacity is not a concern. In addition to the low profile, the Model “LH” Rotary Valve low air or gas leakage.
As a result, the Young Industries, Model “LH” rotary valves have been proven to provide superior performance and reliability in a wide range of bulk materials handling applications, and offer a low cost of ownership.
The Model “LH” Rotary Valve design uses a small diameter rotor and angled inlet and outlet nozzles. This ensures two-blade sealing is maintained at all time providing minimum air or gas leakage. Typical application would be for a customer who has a specific flange size to match or low headroom requirements.
- 15 PSIG Housing and differential pressure or vacuum
- Minimum four blade sealing with two (2) blade sealing on each side.
- Fabricated or cast designs
- Materials of construction: Cast or fabricated carbon steel, cast or fabricated stainless steel and cast or fabricated Aluminum
- Raw materials are traceable to standard specifications with ASTM the most used specification
- Round or square inlet flange
- Round or square discharge flange
- Up to 250°F operation temperature, with designs offered to withstand up to 1600°F temperature
- Outboard-mounted precision ball bearings
- Packing gland rotor shaft seal consisting square braided Kevlar impregnated with PTFE packing, 4 rings per side and held in place by an aluminum packing follower.
- Eight (8) bladed rotor with twelve (12) bladed rotor for rotary valves over 12″ size to provide low operating air or gas leakage.
- Rotor assembled near-perfect concentrically to the housing
- Heavy rotor shafts secured to eliminate shifting in the housing
- Two (2) basic styles of rotors available with each style having four (4) different types of rotors. The types are “A”- Standard, “B & C”- partially filled and “D” – adjustable tips
- Grounding and bonding connection to NFPA specifications
- Right-angle Gearmotor, side mounted, 3 phase, 60 Hertz, 230-460 volts, TEFC and roller chain drive and safety to OSHA requirements.
- Painted blue enamel or Steelcote stainless steel paint
- Completely assembled and tested.
- Model “LH” Rotary Feeder Valve Optional Features
- High pressure design to 350 PSIG
- High temperature design to 1600°F
- Special 1″ to 3″ and 28″ to 36″ Sizes and double length styles
- Drive and accessories are usually supplied consisting of a right angle gear motor, sprockets, drive chain and safety guard. TEFC or Explosion proof motors, direct connected and other special drive available
- Special materials of construction including: 316 Stainless steel, Hastelloy, Titanium, engineered plastics
- Interior coating to provide abrasive resistance to material release including: chrome plating, nickel plating, tungsten carbide, Stellite, Teflon
- Interior polishes and cleanup
- Special packing materials as graphite, food grade TPFE,
- Air purge packing glands
- Lip seal packing
- Self adjusting packing follower
- Mechanical rotor shaft seals
- Shaft seal area polishes
- Inlet material deflector
- Venting Thimble
- Housing vent
- End plate purges
- Rotor tips and edges beveled
- Rigid or flexible tips of brass or polyurethane
- Painted or coated per customers specification
- Model “LH” Rotary Feeder Valve Dimensional Information