The Young Industries, Inc. Model “HC” (High Capacity) Rotary Valve is a Drop-Thru-Airlock Feeder Valve with a large throughput capacity as compared to other Rotary Valves. In addition to the large throughput capacity, the Model “HC” Rotary Valve air or gas leakage is the lowest in the industry. As a result, the Young Industries, Model “HC” have been proven to provide superior performance and reliability in a wide range of bulk materials handling applications, and offers low cost of ownership.
The Model “HC” Rotary Valve design uses a larger diameter rotor and unrestricted inlet and outlet. This full size opening design results in “straight though” rotor pocket filling and discharging. With this design, you will get a more reliable feeding of product especially when handling products with poor flow characteristics.
The Model “HC” Rotary Valve is used to prevent air or gas loss between two different pressure zones while allowing dry solids material to pass from one pressure zone to the other. The Model “HC” rotary valve is designed as airlocks and airlock feeder for handling 15 PSIG housing and differential pressure or vacuum.
The Model “HC” Rotary Valve with its large throughput capacity can handle a variety of bulk materials. The valve can be provided in sizes ranging from 1″ diameter flange size to 30″ x 60″ flange size with the standard size range from 4″ flange size to 24″ flange size.
The Model “HC” Rotary Valves are available with eight different rotor designs and a wide variety of features to handle a wide range of process requirements.
- 15 PSIG Housing and differential pressure or vacuum
- Minimum four blade sealing with two (2) blade sealing on each side.
- Fabricated or cast designs
- Materials of construction: Cast or fabricated carbon steel, cast or fabricated stainless steel and cast or fabricated Aluminum
- Raw materials are traceable to standard specifications with ASTM the most used specification
- Round or square inlet flange
- Round or square discharge flange
- Up to 250°F operation temperature, with designs offered to withstand up to 1600°F temperature
- Outboard-mounted precision ball bearings
- Packing gland rotor shaft seal consisting square braided Kevlar impregnated with PTFE packing, 4 rings per side and held in place by an aluminum packing follower.
- Eight (8) bladed rotor with twelve (12) bladed rotor for rotary valves over 12″ size to provide low operating air or gas leakage.
- Rotor assembled near-perfect concentrically to the housing
- Heavy rotor shafts secured to eliminate shifting in the housing
- Two (2) basic styles of rotors available with each style having four (4) different types of rotors. The types are “A”- Standard, “B & C”- partially filled and “D” – adjustable tips
- Grounding and bonding connection to NFPA specifications
- Right-angle Gearmotor, side mounted 3 phase, 60 Hertz, 230-460 volts, TEFC and roller chain drive and safety to OSHA requirements.
- Painted blue enamel or Steelcote stainless steel paint
- Completely assembled and tested
- High pressure design to 350 PSIG
- High temperature design to 1600°F
- Special 1″ to 3″ and 28″ to 36″ Sizes and double length styles
- Drive and accessories are usually supplied consisting of a right angle gear motor, sprockets, drive chain and safety guard. TEFC or Explosion proof motors, direct connected and other special drive available
- Special materials of construction including: 316 Stainless steel, Hastelloy, Titanium, engineered plastics
- Interior coating to provide abrasive resistance to material release including: chrome plating, nickel plating, tungsten carbide, Stellite, Teflon
- Interior polishes and cleanup
- Special packing materials as graphite, food grade TPFE,
- Air purge packing glands
- Lip seal packing
- Self adjusting packing follower
- Mechanical rotor shaft seals
- Shaft seal area polishes
- Inlet material deflector
- Venting Thimble
- Housing vent
- End plate purges
- Rotor tips and edges beveled
- Rigid or flexible tips of brass or polyurethane
- Painted or coated per customers specification